We left Georgetown (see the photos here) and hit the countryside where we met a Hindu family and were their guests. One afternoon we are introduced to a family who had just celebrated the first birthday of their youngest with a puja and elaborate meal. “Would you like to eat from a plate or a leaf?” they ask.
We were in India some 7 years ago, but suddenly it feels like it was yesterday and before we know it we are eating with our fingers again. Read the full story here.
All Posts on Guyana Travel
- A Gesture of Welcome in a New Country
- Guyana's Tapirs
- Eating from a Lotus Leaf
- Camping at a Logging Concession in Guyana
- Do We Have Enough Diesel – Blockades in Guyana
- Gold Mines Around Mahdia
- Coen Goes Birdwatching in Guyana
- Accommodation & Camping in Guyana
- Impressions of Georgetown (Guyana)
- Guyana – Practical GPS Waypoints
- Travel Information on Guyana – Border Crossing, Money Matters, Roads & Road Maps, and More
- Overlanding in Guyana – Tips on Where to Go
More Landcruising Adventure Stories: